Twice Baked Loaded Potatoes!
Who doesn't love potatoes? I loved mashed potatoes and baked potatoes smothered in sour cream. What could be better!! Why not combine both potatoes together and In this recipe I also added a few other food junkie favorites of mine, bacon and cheese! Yes, Bacon! Just had to say that again. The Twice Baked Loaded Potatoes are so delicious and super easy to make! I hope you love them as much as I do!
- 2 Medium potatoes
- 3 green onions (chopped) (also called spring onions)
- 4 to 5 slices of crisp bacon (Chopped Fine)
- ⅝ Cup sour cream
- 1⅓ cups grated cheese of your choice
- Pierce your potaoes on each side with a fork.
- Place potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Flip potatoes over and bake another 20 minutes.
- Take potatoes out of oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Once cool, cut potatoes in half. Using a spoon scoop out the potatoes into a bowl leaving a deep well in each potato half.
- Place potatoes on a muffin top pan or baking pan and set aside.
- Grab your bowl of potato that you just scooped out and mash well with a fork.
- Add ⅓ cup sour cream. 2 green onions chopped, 3 slices of crisp bacon chopped fine and 1 cup of grated cheese. Mix everything together well.
- Scoop your loaded potato mixture back into your potato half evenly filling each one.
- Place potatoes back in oven for 15 minutes or until golden on top.
- Remove from oven and garnish with ¼ cup sour cream, 1 slice chopped bacon, 1 green onion chopped and ⅓ cup of grated cheese and ready to serve!
You can use any kind of cheese your like, I like using cheddar or Swiss.
I bake the final potato on a muffin top pan as it keeps the potato skin crisp.