Lobster Gnocchi Mac & Cheese - Low Carb Keto
I absolutely love Lobster Mac & Cheese. I can remember the first time I ordered and was in food heaven. The second time was even better. Seeing that scrumptious rich delight on the menu made my day. Now that I have restricted carbs I wanted to re-create those lovely flavors.
Step 1 - Make your Egg Gnocchi
1. Place your 2 egg yolks in a bowl and whip until thick. Add in 1 1/4 cups of Parmesan cheese. Stir cheese into eggs until a dough consistency forms and than knead dough mixture until it is well mixed and form into a ball. You can add season to taste, I like to throw in some parsley flakes.
2. Pinch of small portions of dough and roll between your hand or on a work surface until you form a long dough roll.
3. Cut dough into small pieces about a 1 cm wide and flatten between your fingers or with a fork.
4. Heat up your skillet on your stove top and melt 2 tbsp of butter and then add your Gnocchi constantly flipping and stirring until golden. You will have to keep a watch while cooking so the Gnocchi's don't stick together. When finished remove from heat and set aside for next step.
Step 2 - Lobster Gnocchi Mac & Cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl combine Gnocchi, lobster, 3/4 cups Emmental Cheese, 3/4 Cups Gruyere Cheese, 1/8 Cups Parmesan Cheese, 1 tsp minced garlic and 1 cup of heavy whipping cream. Mix together well and pour into your baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
2. Take out of oven and let stand for a minute or two and read to serve!
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1¼ Cups Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Cup Emmental Cheese
- 1 Cup Gruyere Cheese
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 TSP Minced Roasted Garlic
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ¾ Cup Lobster (can substitute with crab)
- Place 2 eggs yolks in a bowl and beat until thick and then add in 1¼ cups of Parmesan cheese. You will have to knead like bread dough to form into a dough ball.
- Pinch off small portion of dough and roll between your hands or on your work surface until you form a long dough roll.
- Cut dough into small pieces and then flatten between your fingers or use a fork.
- Heat up your skillet on stove top and place 2 tbsp of butter. When butter is melted add in your Gnocchi dough and fry continually stirring until golden.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a bowl combine Gnocchi, lobster, ¾ Cups Emmental Cheese, ¾ Cups Gruyere Cheese, ⅛ cups Parmesan Cheese, 1 tsp minced garlic and 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and lobster. Mix together well and pour into your baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the top is golden.
I like the flavor of roasted garlic and used the jar of pre-minced roasted garlic. you can substitute with 1 clove of garlic if unavailable.
Continually stir Gnocchi while cooking to prevent cheese from sticking together.