Jalapeno Popper Bread - Low Carb & Keto
Jalapeno Popper anything usually lands on my list of favorite things to eat. I used to make a delicious jalapeno popper bread years ago that used to get lots of request to make. I loved it so much and thought I would try to make this delicious savory bread low carb and keto friendly! The verdict is????? YES! So stinking good, my mom even said that she prefers this bread over the plain low carb bread and will make it more often. It's a great snack or with a meal. You can toast it and top off with butter or cream cheese whichever your prefer!
The recipe makes about 8 to 10 slices depending on how thick you like to cut your bread. The taste is out of this world and the bread texture is as soft as normal bread and is only 1 gram of carbs per serving. 1 slice equals 1 serving thick cut and is based on 8 slices out of the loaf. Hope you enjoy this beauty as much as my mom and I did!
- 6 large eggs seperated
- ½ cup of 0 carb whey protein
- 3 medium jalapeno's - chopped
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon - cooked to crisp and chopped into bits
- non stick spray for pan
- Separate 6 eggs into seperate bowls and set egg whites aside.
- Beat eggs yolks and add 3 chopped jalapeno's,, 4 slices of crisp chopped bacon and mix well. Add ½ cups of whey protein, use 0 carb whey protein and mix well and then set aside.
- Beat eggs whites or use mixer until eggs whites become stiff and form peaks and then gently fold in egg yolk mixture. Add 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese and gently fold into batter.
- Spray bread pan with non stick spray or use coconut oil to grease pan. Pour in bread batter in bread pan and sprinkle a bit of cheddar on top and bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes until top is golden and rises.
- Let bread completely cool on rack before taking bread out of pan for slicing.