Cheesy Eggs Boats - Low Carb & Keto Friendly
One thing I really miss on low carb eating is bread. I especially miss my toast with my eggs for breakfast. The cheesy eggs boats combines a bread base with your eggs all in one. The flavor is much like toast, I like to add butter to the edges once it's finished which is optional if you would like. I made these for the first time today and amazed at how filling just one egg boat is. The dough is a little crumbly as the flour is courser. but just drizzling some olive oil into dough will help bind your dough. I found just forming with my hands my hands was not to difficult but I have to say, it's a lot different than just rolling out with a rolling pin. You will have to pay close attention to carb count when your shopping for the flour as they are all different. These beauty's are 4.4 grams of carbs per serving. They also tasted quite good! Try for yourself and let us know what you think! The recipe with directions can be found at bottom of page.
- 2 Cups Coconut Flour (organic Bob's Red Mill)
- 1½ Cups Almond Flour
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- ½ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 3 Cups Grated Cheese (use bags of 4 cheese mix)
- 8 Medium Eggs
- pinch of rosemary or thyme
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl, coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add in water and heavy whipping and knead dough. It will be a bit crumbly so you will have to shape with hands.
- Add in lemon juice and olive oil and knead well.
- Evenly form 8 balls of dough shaping with your hands.
- This dough is crumbly and not easy to roll out. Instead take each ball of dough and flatten out with the palm of your hand in a circular form, constantly shaping with your hands.
- for each flattened dough ball pinch the edges all around forming a boat shape. Pinch the dough as you would with a pie crust so that the edges are about a half inch high.
- Use a spatula to lift the boats and place your boats on a non stick baking sheet.
- Fill each boat evenly with your cheese and place in pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- Take pan out of oven and poke a whole in center for egg, thenvcrack and egg into each boat.
- Sprinkle the top with your favorite herbs, such as rosemary or thyme and place back in oven for 10 minutes.
- Take out and ready to serve.
This recipe is 4.4 grams of carbs per serving, your carb count is going to be determined by the brand of flour you use, so please make sure to watch the labels.
Since this is flour is more course you can always add a butter wash to the dough when you put the egg on top and put back in oven for a softer dough.